Cand.Psychol , and Dr.Philos. at University of Oslo. Full Professor and Specialist in clinical psychology.
Professional activities last 15 years:
- Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Oslo (2011-2015)
- Head of the Department of Psychology, University of Oslo (2001-2007).
- Professor, the Department of Psychology, University of Oslo (1995…).
- Special Advisor, Centre for Addiction Research (KORFOR), Helse-Vest, Stavanger (2010-2015).
- Chair of the Program Board: “Norway as a Global Partner” (NORGLOBAL), the Norwegian Research Council (NFR) (2009-2011).
- Professor II, The National Centre for Addiction Research (SERAF), Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo (2008-2011).
- Chair of the Board of the International Summer School (ISS), University of Oslo (2008-2011).
- Chair of the board of the Norwegian Program for Education, Research and Development (NUFU), and the Norwegian Master Program (NOMA), Centre for the Internationalization of Studies (NORAD/SIU) (2006-2011).
- Chair of the Board for the Norwegian Centre for Minority Health Research (NAKMI), Oslo (2003-2011).
- Shortlisted as Rector candidate, University of Oslo (2005).
- Visiting Professor, The University of Limpopo, South Africa (1997-2003).
- Effects of negative media exposure.
- Leadership and organizational psychology.
- Academic capacity building at African universities.
- Culture and communication.
- International health
- Early intervention in the treatment of alcohol abusers.
- Alcohol and lifestyle issues
- Culture and communication
- Leadership and organizational psychology
- Exposure to critical media
- Teaching and mentoring
Alcohol moderation course:
Short time course aimed at problem drinkers who wish to moderate their alcohol intake. The course takes place in Oslo and runs twice a year.
More information: email@example.com.
- Short term cognitive based therapy for individuals and couples